T: +966 55 22 23 406
Agathi is a Senior Associate in the Finance, Projects and Restructuring team of AlShahrani Law Firm (in collaboration with DLA Piper) with experience in a wide range of banking and finance transactions, including leveraged and acquisition finance, asset and project finance, general bank lending, capital markets and financial services regulatory work (including regulatory set-ups, payments and FinTech-related work).
- Acting for a major Saudi company in its negotiations with numerous creditors and hedge providers in respect of the IBOR transition of legacy loans (approx. value USD 10 billion) and derivatives contracts;
- Acting for the creditors’ committee in the financial restructuring procedure of a major Saudi business group (approved claims exceeding USD 7 billion);
- Assisting one of the largest banks in the Middle East to establish presence in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and obtain a banking license from the Saudi Central Bank;
- Assisting a major multinational investment management and financial services company to obtain a license as a capital market institution in KSA from the Capital Market Authority;
- Acted for Saudi banks in connection with two equity bridge facilities (USD 140 million and USD 200 million each) in relation to the development of the Al Shuaibah 1 Solar PV Independent Power Plant and the Al Shuaibah 2 Solar PV Independent Power Plant in KSA;
- Acted for the sponsor in connection with a SAR 180 million financing pertaining to the design, operation and maintenance of a district cooling system at the King Salman Park;
- Assisted various Saudi banks in developing their trade finance products in line with international banking practices (including factoring, payables finance and forfaiting agreements);
- Assisting local capital market institutions in rolling out various products and services, including direct lending funds, brokerage and custody services etc.
- Advocate, Republic of Cyprus
- London School of Economics and Political Science, LLM in Banking Law and Financial Regulation, 2013
- University of Cyprus, LLB, 2012