Licensed KSA lawyer with in-depth knowledge of KSA laws and Sharia principles. Breadth of experience advising domestic and international clients on a broad range of KSA law matters across various sectors. Litigating and counselling clients on over 35 cases before various KSA judicial bodies and arbitral panels.
- Extensive experience before various courts and committees, including appearing before the General Courts, the Commercial Court, the Enforcement Court, the Labor Court, the General Secretariat of Zakat, Tax and Customs Committees and the Board of Grievances.
- Successfully acting and obtaining multiple judgments and awards in favour of local and foreign clients on claims valued up to SAR +300 million.
- Advising clients on a broad range of high value and complex commercial disputes, including construction, real estate, agency, distribution, tax, customs, intellectual property and contractual disputes.
- Acting for and advising multiple clients in relation to KSA competition law matters, including making numerous competition filings before the General Authority for Competition (GAC) and successfully obtaining clearance on over 25 filings. Further, advising clients in relation to alleged restrictive practices and dawn raids by GAC.
- Advising clients on various Sharia related matters / principles, including in the context of contract localisation reviews, advising on issues of enforceability from a KSA law perspective.
- Advising and representing clients on real estate matters, including drafting and negotiating commercial/residential lease agreements in compliance with KSA laws, and registering the same before Ejar.
- Advising in relation to several corporate matters, including in respect of due diligence exercises on different transactions, and assisting with the drafting of documentation as part corporate / M&A transactions (such as shareholder and board resolutions and articles of associations, with related filings before the competent authority).
- Advising in relation to agency, distribution and franchise matters, including on the application of commercial agency regulations and the franchise law respectively, and making filings of relevant agreements / client data to the competent authority.
- Advising in respect of multiple government-related mandates. This includes assisting on the establishment of an international non-profit wildlife foundation based in KSA, and advising another governmental entity on applicable laws and regulations relating to key initiatives to be implemented by the KSA government as part of the Vision 2030.
- Acting on corporate liquidations, including assisting on regulatory, procedural, and documentary requirements as part of the liquidation of legal entities.
- Trainee Lawyer Certificate, Ministry of Justice
- Prince Sultan University, Riyadh, KSA
- Licensed / Certified Lawyer
Ministry of Justice – KSA
- Licensed / Certified Public Notary
Ministry of Justice – KSA
- Licensed / Certified Intellectual Property Service Provider
Saudi Authority for Intellectual Property – KSA
Mohammed was a part of the legal team and the Sharia board at one of the leading real estate development companies in KSA.